[rt-users] No outbound email after upgrade

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Aug 25 14:55:13 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Ditri, Chris <Cditri at experi-metal.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> There is absolutely nothing in ObjectScrips, and everything is set to NULL in Scrips (in the database).
>
> Are you implying that I need to make custom scrips to send routine emails regarding tickets?
> Something is different then... I definitely didn't have to do that before... must be new between 4.0.7 and 4.2.8 (4.0.7 shipped with Wheezy, and 4.2.8 with Jessie).  Was it normal to lose that functionality in the upgrade?

Certainly not normal.

You do need to run some upgrade commands (DB scripts) when upgrading
though. The (upstream) upgrade will normally prompt you for what
version of RT you are upgrading from and which one you are upgrading
to. Do you remember seeing that?

For the RT 3.8 Debian package, there was a directory,
/etc/request-tracker3.8/etc/upgrade. Do you have something similar for
RT 4(.2) ?

3.8 was the last time I used the deb package for RT, and I don't
remember what the upgrades were like - I'd imagine it also varies
depending on if you use db-config or not. We use Debian for the OS,
but use upstream tarballs for the RT installation. There is a make
target that handles applying the DB upgrade scripts.

Cheers,

-m