[rt-users] Suddenly, replys to existing tickets open new tickets

Patrick G. Stoesser lists at pgs-info.de
Wed Dec 16 15:16:54 EST 2015

Hello,

partly resolved.

The issue "Impossible to assign the ticket..." came from a scrip "Auto
set Owner" on create.

It was

|   # get actor ID
|   my $Actor = $self->TransactionObj->Creator;
|
|   # if actor is RT_SystemUser then get out of here
|   return 1 if $Actor == $RT::SystemUser->id;
|
|   # get out unless ticket owner is nobody
|   return 1 unless $self->TicketObj->Owner == $RT::Nobody->id;
|
|   # ok, try to change owner
|   $RT::Logger->info("Auto assign ticket #". $self->TicketObj->id ." to
user #". $Actor );
|   my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetOwner( $Actor );
|   unless( $status ) {
|     $RT::Logger->error( "Impossible to assign the ticket to $Actor:
$msg" );
|     return undef;
|   }
|   return 1;

and the error was triggered. It needed

|   return 1 unless $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Privileged;

to get out if the owner is unprivileged.

It worked without that earlier. Anyway.

The main problem had nothing to do with that. Trial and error, I
discovered that when removing the subject mark for a queue, replys to
existing tickets were merged into the ticket.
When the subjet mark was set after that, it worked also.

So: The subject tag removal fixed the error, but re-adding the subject
tag did not re-add the error.

Regards, pgs