[rt-users] Problem with attachments

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Wed Jan 28 06:53:53 EST 2015

Good morning.

I have fighting with this problem two days, but I still have no clue.

The problem is this: suddenly RT will not send attachments.

Unfortunately we send attachments very rarely, so I cannot exactly say when this behaviour started. It could be that it started from the day I upgraded our installation from 4.2.3 to 4.2.9 (in december), or later when I added/upgraded some extensions (RT-Extension-Announce-1.00, rt-extension-customfieldsonupdate, RT-Extension-SpawnLinkedTicketInQueue-1.01).

I tried everything I could to debug the problem. I am sure sendmail is working well, because I can send mails with attachments using the simple "mail" interface from the same server where RT resides.

I just finished examining RT's log (in debug mode), regarding a test ticket I created and then resolved adding an attachment. There is no error at all in the log, let  alone a warning message that says

[warning]: Couldn't load object RT::Transaction #0 (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:3026)

but I don't think this is a real problem, since we had have this type of message for a long time with no apparent symptoms (please reply if I'm wrong).

I can easily see that RT is skipping the attachment somehow. Here is an old header from a mail of ticket that contained an attachment: