[rt-users] Regarding External Authentication using LDAP

bharath reddy vangoor.bharath at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:38:29 EDT 2015

Hi Anton,

I used following block in my RT_SiteConfig :

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth) );

Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ["My_LDAP"]);

Set($ExternalInfoPriority, ["My_LDAP"]);

Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    1);

Set($ExternalSettings, {

                         'My_LDAP'       =>  {   ## GENERIC SECTION

                                                  'type'    =>  'ldap',

                                                  'server'  =>  '
vmns1.cs.sunysb.edu',

                                                   'user'  =>  'CN=Recruit
LDAP user,OU=Service Accounts,OU=SBCS,DC=cs,DC=stonybrook,DC=edu',

                                                   'pass'   =>  '*******',

                                                   'base'   =>
'ou=SBCS,dc=cs,dc=stonybrook,DC=edu',

                                                 #  'filter'   =>
'((&(objectCategory=Users)))',

                                                    filter =>
'(objectClass=*)',

                                                   'd_filter'  =>
'(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)',

                                                #    'd_filter' =>
'(&(objectCategory=User) (ObjectClass=Person))' ,

                                                   'tls'      =>  1,

                                                   'ssl_version' =>  3,

                                                   'net_ldap_args' => [
version =>  3   ],

                                                 #  'group'        =>
'CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=cs,DC=stonybrook,DC=edu',

                                                 #  'group_attr'   =>
'member',

                                                   'attr_match_list'  => [
  'Name',