[rt-users] round-robin auto assignment?

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Fri Oct 23 02:28:31 EDT 2015

Am 22.10.2015 um 22:21 schrieb Asif Iqbal:
> # get the user list from the file
> # this file has the list of users who will be assigned as owner in
> round-robin
> # you could have another logic external that could update this file to
> get the
> # generate the list of owners
> my $file = "/var/tmp/ownerlist";
>
> return 1 unless open(my $fh, '<', $file);
> my @owners = <$fh>;
> return 1 unless close $fh;

I think a better solution for the owners list would be to create a group
in RT, assign the needed users to the group and then load the possible
owner from that group. With this, you can change the owners list from
the RT Webinterface.

Script code would be something like this:

my @owners;
my $users = RT::Users->new(RT->SystemUser);
$users->MemberOfGroup(<the id of the group>);
while( my $user = $users->Next ) {
    push @owners, $user->Name;
}

Chris