[rt-users] Problem with RT::SystemUser in escalatePriority

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Thu Oct 29 10:32:52 EDT 2015

Am 29.10.2015 um 13:58 schrieb markus.wildbolz at magna.com:
> Hi guys!
>
> Since a couple of days, I have the problem, that my priority escalation
> script doesn't work anymore. Script is attached...
>

> The error message is:
>
> Name "RT::SystemUser" used only once: possible typo at
> ./rt-escalatePriority line 36.
> Can't locate object method "Deprecated" via package "RT" at
> /opt/rt4/lib/RT/Interface/CLI.pm line 93.
>

> I currently cannot figure out, what's the problem with the mentioned
> line 36:
>
> my $queues = new RT::Queues($RT::SystemUser);
>

> Does anybody know this problem?
>

> Greetings,
> Markus

Hi Markus,

remove the following lines

---
 package RT;

 use RT::Interface::CLI qw(CleanEnv);

 # Clean our the environment

 CleanEnv();

 # Load the RT configuration
 RT::LoadConfig();

 # Initialise RT
 RT::Init();

 my $queues = new RT::Queues($RT::SystemUser);
---

with

---
use RT::Interface::CLI qw(Init);
Init();
my $queues = RT::Queues->new(RT->SystemUser);
---

Also, do you have different Lifecycles defined?
If not, then you can use the rt-crontool with

--search RT::Search::FromSQL

and a search like

-search-arg "Status != 'resolved' AND Status != 'rejected'"

instead if use a Perl script to loop over the queues and then call
rt-crontool from within the Perl script.

See also the second example in
https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/automating_rt.html#Escalating-Priority

Chris