[rt-users] Pg FTS query works, RT search returns 0 results ( was: '.' as delimiter/boundary breaks domain name searches)

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Tue Sep 1 03:10:38 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 09:39:19AM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> I'm reviving this one time in case anyone has further ideas.
>
> * PostgreSQL 8.4.20 (RHEL 6.6) with FTS does the right
>   thing when parsing an email address[1]
>
> * An RT 4.2.12 search for the same string returns 0 results[2].
>   I'm 98% certain the ticket *is* indexed though as other queries
>   return it[2].
>
> * The rt-fulltext-indexer script runs every 10 minutes and has
>   no errors.

Is the ticket in question a merged ticket?  You had a mail from the
same timeframe which dealt with merged ticket FTS, which is a known
bug: https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=9370
Sadly, there's not good solution to that bug at this time.

Otherwise, seeing the query RT is generating, and stripping clauses
out of it until it matches, is likely your best bet.  You can see the
SQL generated from a TicketSQL query by running:

    perl -MRT=-init -le '$t=RT::Tickets->new(RT->SystemUser);$t->FromSQL("@ARGV");print $t->BuildSelectQuery' \
        "Content LIKE 'foo at domain.com'"

  - Alex