[rt-users] Issue with rt-serializer and rt-importer

Simone Morandini simone.morandini at mix-it.net
Thu Sep 3 18:15:09 EDT 2015

Hello list,

I'm an RT newbie, and I'm having a problem trying to export/import my RT
database content.
I have a machine running RT 4.2.9 and I need to move the content onto
another machine, where I prepared a clean install of the latest RT 4.2.12.
On the old box I ran "rt-validator --check" and then "rt-serializer". I
moved the content of the output directory onto the new box, where I ran
"rt-importer /path/to/dir", but I'm having problems.

I can login with my personal username (before importing only the root
user was defined), but I cannot see any content: no tickets, no queues.
I can see all the "Saved searches" I had previously configured, but they
are empty.
If I try to open a new ticket, I get the error message "Queue could not
be loaded." (none of them is displayed in the drop-down menu).

Instead, if I login as root user, I can see everything correctly, and in
fact, querying the database using mysql (MariaDB) CLI, the content is
there: Tickets and Queues tables, for example, are populated with the
correct content.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Simone.