[rt-users] Issue with rt-serializer and rt-importer

Simone Morandini simone.morandini at mix-it.net
Fri Sep 4 08:47:47 EDT 2015

Hello Joop,
> On 4-9-2015 0:15, Simone Morandini wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm an RT newbie, and I'm having a problem trying to export/import my
>> RT database content.
>> I have a machine running RT 4.2.9 and I need to move the content onto
>> another machine, where I prepared a clean install of the latest RT
>> 4.2.12.
>> On the old box I ran "rt-validator --check" and then "rt-serializer".
>> I moved the content of the output directory onto the new box, where I
>> ran "rt-importer /path/to/dir", but I'm having problems.
> Why don't you use the export/import tools of the database of you choice?
> Or are you switching from ABC to mysql/mariadb?

actually I'm running mysql on the old server as well, I just thought
that the rt-* commands were more suited.
And indeed, data is there: if I login as root I can see all the
tickets/queues, etc. I just cannot see them if I login as a regular user.
It seems some kind of "permission" issue, if it makes sense in the RT
world. I actually do not know what to try in order to troubleshoot...

Thanks,
Simone.