[rt-users] rt-mailgate needs http for comment

Joseph D. Wagner joe at josephdwagner.info
Sun Sep 6 02:22:48 EDT 2015

I had apache set to allow rt over https only.  Trying over http would fail.

rt-mailgate was working perfectly fine over https when using "--action
correspond".  However, when using "--action comment", it fails saying it
is unable to connect.

When I changed my apache configuration to allow http on local
connections, it started working.

I suspect there is some code in the comment path of rt-mailgate that is
forcing it over the http connection, rather than properly deriving the
connection from the url parameter.

Being new to rt, I am open to the possibility I misconfigured
something.  Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

Joseph D. Wagner