[rt-users] Getting rid of mis-spelled users

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Sep 29 13:18:16 EDT 2015

Occasionally our office folks will create a ticket and CC an address
which does not exist.  And once they've done this, these addresses
appear in the dropdown so they keep getting chosen.  The bounces don't
go anywhere useful yet (though I'm trying to set up some kind of bounce
parsing).

Is there any way for me to get rid of these bogus addresses?  I can't
just delete them, but I would merge them all into the correct addresses
if I could.  In addition, whenever we get spam, those addresses enter
the list as well and it would be nice to clean them up somehow.  I know
those users are still referenced in tickets which is why I can't just
delete a user.  I'm thinking this is one of those things that requires
direct database manipulation and I'd hate to screw things up.

 - J<