[rt-users] Can you limit ticket access via CF

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Aug 23 04:25:14 EDT 2016

Le 23/08/2016 à 04:09, Stephen Switzer a écrit :
> Emmanuel,
>
>    This is awesome, thanks for the input! I didn't think to do that.
> Does this work with the self-service interface, too?

of course, because it uses core RT features/ACLs

> Also, on set-up... I did these steps, creating a group called
> 'Cust-AbcCompany' and adding users, but when I went to assign a group to
> the 'Company" role on a ticket:
>
> "
>     Could not find or create user 'Cust-AbcCompany'
> "

see ... https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=32208

I still did not had time to develop this :(

The workaround is to create a multi users/groups custom role instead of
a single.

If you're able to patch a bit RT, you can easily hide this role from
Ticket/People and add a widget to choose the group from the Basic of a
ticket.

I have such a patch, but very tied to our usage and I do not recommand
to use it if you are not going to maintain it yourself for your org.