[rt-users] emails for support and support-comments with different authentication

Nesko nenad.cuturic at sh.se
Wed Aug 24 12:38:56 EDT 2016

I'm trying to set up RT so we can use two different accounts with different
authentications for suppport and support-comment.
The reason is because mail-server doesn't allow send as another user ("from"
field must match sender e-mail address).
Is it possible to somehow catch the from field in RT_Config.pm and use it in
$SendmailArguments to the mta (in our case msmtp with msmtp_wrapper)?
I would like to do something like
Set($SendmailArguments,$fromEmail);
and catch it in the wrapper.

Current msmtp wrapper looks like this:
defaults
*****

account support at domain
from support at domain
user user1
password xxxxx

account support-comment at domain
from support-comment at domain
user user2
password yyyyy

account default : support at domain

This is working only when From is support at domain but if it is
support-comment at domain the following error is generated:
smtpstatus=550 smtpmsg='550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to
send as this sender' errormsg='the server did not accept the mail'
exitcode=EX_UNAVAILABLE

Any suggestion?