[rt-users] REST API for Assets

Bart Bunting bart.bunting at ursys.com.au
Sun Dec 4 17:38:45 EST 2016

Josh,

I may be able to get our company to contribute something, although I'm
afraid it wouldn't be too much.

We are tossing up between updating owr own existing solution or using RT to manage assets.

Given the lack of an API it makes RT integration with our customer  portal
problematic.  This is likely to push us away from RT and to just write
our own specific implementation.

If there is a commitment from Bestpractical to get the API implemented
and funds were the only issue we would consider how we could help.

Kind regards

Bart

Josh Tackitt <tackittj at reed.edu> writes:

> Hi Bart,
>
> Unfortunately there is no REST API for Assets.  I've heard rumors that
> maybe they're working on it but pretty sure I've not seen anything official.
>
> Is anyone out there interested in combining funds to pay for the
> development of this much needed feature?  I'm sure we could convince
> BestPractical to roll it into 'core' so that everyone would benefit.
>
> Best,
> Josh
>
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Bart Bunting <bart.bunting at ursys.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a REST API for assets in RT?
>>
>> I can't find any documentation for it.
>>
>> Can anyone shed any light on if it exists or is in the works?
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Bart
>> --
>>
>> Bart Bunting - URSYS
>> PH: 02 87452811
>> Mbl: 0409560005
>> ---------
>> RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
>> https://bestpractical.com/training
>> * Los Angeles - January 9-11 2017
>>

> --
> Reed College