[rt-users] Issue With ExternalAuth

Martin Wheldon martin.wheldon at greenhills-it.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 17:35:44 EST 2016

Hi Claude,

Your english is much better than my french :)
I've cc'd the RT users list as they may have additional suggestions.
The short answer is no I don't believe your problem is caused by TLS
bugs.

You seem to be mixing up the new RT 4.4 LDAP configuration syntax with
the older RT::Authen::ExternalAuth syntax.

If you are using RT 4.4.x then you don't need the following, because it
is the old style syntax:

> Set($LDAPBase,'MYLDAPSERVER');
> Set($LDAPFilter, '(&(objectClass=person))');
> Set($LDAPMapping, {
>         Name            => 'uid',
>         EmailAddress    => 'mail',
>         RealName        => 'cn'
> });

The following option should also be removed when using RT4.4.x

> 'ssl_version'      => 3,

Is RT able to read your CAcert file? Please could you check the file
permissions.
Do you see any errors in the logs?

Best Regards

Martin