[rt-users] supplying database credentials to rt-fulltext-indexer

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Fri Dec 9 17:12:02 EST 2016

On Dec 9, 2016, at 2:06 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com<mailto:ahall at autodist.com>> wrote:

I thought the tool I had to run periodically was /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer. That's the one guides tell me to run; the setup tool seems to be the initial database adjustment tool, but once it runs once, I thought I had to run the indexer every so often. The indexer is the tool that refuses database credentials. Unless the guides on this are wrong, and the setup one is the one I have to run with cron?

I haven't enabled Full Text searching in RT before but I have set it up in MySQL for other uses.  From my experiences with MySQL I believe you setup the indexes once only with the setup tool for RT and once they are setup there's no need to 're-index' anything regularly with any crontab or anything.

Above all though - do this on a copy of your RT installation/database and make sure it works before you potentially interrupt the flow of business in production.

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management