[rt-users] Ticket SQL for dates?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Sat Dec 31 12:41:21 EST 2016

Hello list,
In a thread a week or two ago, I was asking about the syntax for finding
tickets by relative dates, like "3 days ago". It wasn't working, and at
least one other list member was able to confirm that it wasn't. I really
need this, or something like it, but no workaround I try does anything.

First, I took the straight MySQL route, doing advanced searches with
queries like

Owner = 'ahall'
and Status = '__active__'
and LastUpdated <= DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 3 day)

But I got an error saying that a value was expected for CURDATE(). I tried
DATEDIFF, and a simple "LastUpdated <= (now() - INTERVAL 3 DAYS)", all with
similar errors.

Hoping it was just something odd in the search interface, I tried this in
the cron tool, but I'm getting no tickets at all. Using the RT-recommended
syntax of "3 days ago" is convenient, but doesn't work at all. It's like it
gets ignored completely--tickets are found with the right status, owner,
etc, but never any date considerations whatsoever.

Is there anything else I can try in order to get tickets last updated N
days ago? I've tried UntouchedInHours, but it relies on this same "N hours
ago" syntax and so also fails. I find it hard to believe that 4.4.1 would
have been out for so long with such a critical bug, but last time I asked
about this, someone else on the list did say they could confirm the
problem. Thanks for any answers!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department