Fully Removing Queues, Users, Etc...

Patrick Muldoon doon.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Feb 3 13:09:26 EST 2016

First a little background.

We have  2 companies using the same RT instance, each with access to a different set of queues.. This worked well for multiple years.  Now for non technical reasons (<GRIN>) we need to separate one of the companies out. So they can import their queues into new Instance of RT.

What I figured would be the best way to do this (FSVO best), was to the dump the existing RT DB, spin it up i a new VM, and then basically shred everything that belongs to Company A, and give the resulting Database to Company B..

I;ve been playing with rt-shredder and Appear to be all set a removing all of Company A's tickets.  Is there an easy way to remove the queue's using shredder? The object plugin doesn't seem to like queue,  giving errors such as

# /usr/local/sbin/rt-shredder --plugin 'Objects=Queue,Sales'
Loaded object has different id at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/RT/Shredder.pm line 366.

Also running into issues with shredding users from CompanyA

/usr/local/sbin/rt-shredder --plugin 'Users=name,%@companya.nett;status,enabled;replace_relations,nobody;limit,10000000'

or variations on the above  all seem to end with

Couldn't wipeout object: Group already has member: Nobody

I am sure it is Order of Operations / race condition issue.

Has anybody every had to do this?

Or is there an easy way to export Users/Custom Fields/Queues from 1 Instance of RT to import to another?

Pointers, Ideas, etc.. All appreciated.

Thanks,

-Patrick