[rt-users] problem with search builder after upgrade 3.8.4 to 4.2.12

Flynn, Timothy timothy-flynn at uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 12 18:15:06 EST 2016


I misspoke I am running fcgid .

Additionally the page I am having issues with at the moment is:  /Search/Build.html?NewQuery=1

In doing some reading I ran the following in query window with zero responses:

select name from queues where id in
    (select objectid from acl where principaltype='Group' and principalid =
        (select id from groups where type='Everyone') and rightname='OwnTicket');

select name from queues where id in
    (select objectid from acl where principaltype='Group' and principalid =
        (select id from groups where type='Unprivileged') and rightname='OwnTicket');

select name from queues where id in
    (select objectid from acl where principaltype='Group' and principalid =
        (select id from groups where type='Privileged') and rightname='OwnTicket');



Additionally I tried setting the MaxRequestLen 1073741824 as identified here (https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2.12/web_deployment.html#mod_fastcgi)



FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824 threw an error in my conf file so I figured the Fcgid part was extra?  Apache2 did not error on MaxRequestLen.



Tim





From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Flynn, Timothy
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 1:00 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] problem with search builder after upgrade 3.8.4 to 4.2.12

I'm running the following:

RT 4.2.12
Fast CGI
Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE)
3.0.101-0.47.71-ppc64 #1 SMP


I recently upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.2.12 RT and everything seems great except I noticed that creating a new search causes an error for me in most cases:

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script"


I recall talk on the listserve about certain global permissions causing issues with searches but I'm not finding it.  Can someone point me in the right direction for which rights to look out for or are there settings I can adjust to give the system more resources for the search?  The builder did not encounter this error in 3.8.4.

Thank you,
Tim



________________________________
Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it.  Thank you.
________________________________


________________________________
Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it.  Thank you.
________________________________
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/attachments/20160212/841059e0/attachment.html>


More information about the rt-users mailing list