[rt-users] Consulting back-office or other departments without notifying requestor

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Tue Feb 23 16:23:04 EST 2016

Agreed - we often use linked tickets here.

For example, I want the NetOps team to do something on the ticket so I create a child ticket and assign that to their queue.
(If there is a dependency, I create a DependsOn instead of Child).
This offers a secondary benefit of cleaning up reporting - who did what in what queue, how many tickets they worked, etc.

Alternatively, you can hit Reply in the web interface to add correspondence to the ticket.
Cc the other team (so far, this is exactly what you described originally)
BUT uncheck the original Requestor(s) from that specific Reply.
You can uncheck them at the bottom of the Reply page, under the Scrips and Recipients block.
Note:  If you go this route, the comment will be visible to them if the Requestor uses the SelfService interface to view ticket history.
Also, I believe you need the "ShowOutgoingEmail" permission (View exact outgoing email messages and their recipients, on the Rights For Staff tab in the Group Rights page for the Queue) to do this(?)

-          Brent