[rt-users] Set custom field on a transaction via REST?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Tue Jan 19 22:47:17 EST 2016

Hey,

I've added a custom field for transactions to a queue. I can set the
custom field if I use the web UI to comment or reply. But, I can't seem
to set it when using the REST API, which is why I want to have the CF.

I've tried variations of CF.{Name} [0] and CF-Name [1] but none of
those work. Looking in:
 /usr/share/request-tracker4/html/REST/1.0/Forms/ticket/comment
I see nothing that mentions custom fields. I assume this is the correct
file as the "Got args" line is printed out when I submit my request.

Example log line:
Jan 20 15:50:46 prod-rt RT: [23112] Got args Text CF-Name Action.
(/usr/share/request-tracker4/html/REST/1.0/Forms/ticket/comment:59)

Any suggestions which by much appreciated.

This is RT 4.2.8 running on Debian Jessie.

[0] As mentioned on: https://github.com/z4r/python-rtkit#id17
[1] As used in the rt CLI for creating a ticket

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
andrew at etc.gen.nz             |     linux.conf.au 2016