[rt-users] RT 4.4.0: Bulk Update doesn't offer "Select date" CFs

Shawn M Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 21 12:47:25 EDT 2016

Hi Kevin,

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 23:31, Kevin Buckley <kevin.buckley.ecs.vuw.ac.nz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So, two days after I upgraded to 4.4.0, I see that 4.4.1 is out
> and, in the Changelog, I read:
>
>   * Hint to the user that not all CF types are supported by bulk update,
>    instead of silently excluding them (I#15259)
>
> however, I didn't get any hints about those date fields.

I'm afraid your report of custom field grouping being dropped from bulk update didn't make it in time for the 4.4.1 release; we'll get that fixed up in 4.4.2. I've created a ticket for this:

https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=32198 <https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=32198>

> Then again, perhaps the Changelog entry itself the "hint" ?

Ouch :/ We strive to be better than _that_!

In case you're curious about what we did change, see the following screenshots for how we've improved bulk update (both ticket and asset) for custom fields between 4.4.0 and 4.4.1.

http://paste.sartak.org/rt-4.4.0-cf-bulk.png <http://paste.sartak.org/rt-4.4.0-cf-bulk.png>

http://paste.sartak.org/rt-4.4.1-cf-bulk.png <http://paste.sartak.org/rt-4.4.1-cf-bulk.png>

Thanks,
Shawn