[rt-users] Reproducible RT Configuration management

Brian Duggan brian at dugga.net
Fri Jun 17 15:11:21 EDT 2016

We've built a set of Ansible playbooks around this role:

https://github.com/bcduggan/ansible-rt

The role doesn't depend on any other roles - it sets up
MariaDB and Apache itself. It assumes CentOS 7.x and can configure
SELinux, install multiple versions of RT 4.2.x. I'm going to add support
for installing different Perl versions. Right now, it just installs
5.10.1 through perlbrew.

Ansible best practices seem to assume that "one-shot" functions like
upgrading RT, exporting configuration, importing configuration, and
installing extras like RT extensions belong in playbooks. I would like
to find a way of shoehorning those functions into this role.

Brian

--
Brian [he/him/his]
Composed in Emacs