[rt-users] Exim4

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jun 29 19:14:51 EDT 2016

DB> I can receive email from RT but not send to RT. I did create the
DB> queue info in etc/aliases and restart apache The exim4 mainlog shows
DB> Queued Mail for Delivery any emails I test with.

It's really tough to say without any information about what exim
actually logs when it attempts the delivery.

I don't know if it will help you, but here's my exim configuration:

In the routers section, just before the the localuser router,

localuser_rt:
  driver = accept
  local_part_suffix = +*
  local_part_prefix = rt-
  transport = local_delivery_rt

And in the transports section (I put it at the end, but I don't think it
matters),

local_delivery_rt:
  driver = pipe
  command = "/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue ${quote:$local_part} --action ${quote:${substr_1:$local_part_suffix}} --url https://XXX"
  return_path_add
  return_output
  message_prefix = ""
  message_suffix = ""
  user = apache
  group = apache

(edit appropriately, of course).

This automatically hooks up every address of the form rt-XXX-YYY
"XXX" queue and the "YYY" action (either "correspond" or "comment").

I have aliases mapping to these addresses from friendly names in our
regular email domain, but sadly this means I need to edit
RTAddressRegexp whenever I add a queue.  I still find that less work
than updating the aliases file.

But, of course, none of this will work if exim can't call rt-mailgate,
which could happen due to any number of different reasons.  Those
reasons should be in your logs.  (Either the exim logs or your security
system logs if you have one; for selinux that's what ausearch will tell
you.)

 - J<