[rt-users] Display custom fields in a ticket

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Tue Mar 22 18:05:59 EDT 2016

Joop wrote:
>On 22-3-2016 18:56, Jeffrey Pilant wrote:
>> I am a novice at RT.  I was given an instance of RT 3.8.4 to upgrade a
>> while ago.
>>
>> I upgraded it into RT 4.2.10.  Seemed to be OK.  At least it ran.
>>
>> Today, months later, I was informed the tickets are not displaying the
>> custom fields that used to be there.
>>
>> I have confirmed that the field definitions appear to have been copied
>> over.
>>
>> However, the fields are not showing in the display.
>>

>> Can someone post stuff for me to check?
>
>Use the Admin part to check if those CF are still 'applied to' your queues.
>Another thing: it could be rights related
>
>> I suspect it is something as simple as adding the field to the list of
>> things to show on the display page.
>>
>> However, I don't know how to do that.
>
>Its possible some custom code/callbacks did some wonderful things but
>without an idea how it looked like and how its looking now its hard to
>guess as to why it doesn't work.
>Do you happen to have a file backup of the RT install tree?
>That way you can try to find out if any customization has been done.

When I check for the custom fields for the queue, I see no fields listed under selected and no fields listed under unselected.

Just checked my user rights:
My login is a member of the admin group.  The admin group has all but:
      Modify ticket owner on owned tickets [ReassignTicket]
      *Show Articles menu [ShowArticlesMenu]
      Show global templates [ShowGlobalTemplates]
      Show history of public user properties [ShowUserHistory]
      *Allow writing Perl code in templates, scrips, etc [ExecuteCode]
      Create, modify and delete custom fields values [AdminCustomFieldValues]
The two with asterisks (*), I pick up via other groups.  So basically, I have every right I probably need.

Looking at the right of the custom field, it seems to have none.
I think it should have:
      View custom fields [SeeCustomField]
But when I check it and save it, nothing changes on the ticket display.

I have a local VM with the old install in working condition, so I have all the files and data.
Not sure where to look.

/jeff

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com