[rt-users] Custom role?

Shawn Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Thu May 5 17:20:04 EDT 2016

On 2016年5月5日 at 4:45:55, Guadagnino Cristiano (guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it) wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Cris,

> I am trying to use the new "custom role" functionality in RT 4.4, but
> I'm not sure I understand how it works.
>
> I created the new "GroupManager" role and I assigned some queue
> privileges to it.
>
> The problem is: how am I supposed to assign the role to a user?

You’ll first have to pick which queues the GroupManager role should be applied to, just like you do for custom fields. Admin -> Custom Roles -> GroupManager -> "Applies to" lets you select the queues.

Then, when you’re creating or updating tickets in that queue, you’ll see GroupMember alongside other People fields. It’ll be next to either AdminCc/Cc/Requestor if it’s a multi-member role, or in this case, since it sounds like a single-member role, alongside Owner.

If it’s a multi-member role, you can also add members on the queue level by going to Admin -> Queues -> (select your queue) -> Watchers, just like you can for Cc and AdminCc.

> Thank you in advance
>
> Cris

Thanks!
Shawn