[rt-users] Best file layout for Centos7 + apache

Thomas Bätzler t.baetzler at bringe.com
Sat May 7 13:33:03 EDT 2016

Hello Duncan,

Am 07.05.2016 um 18:47 schrieb Duncan Morgan:
> Thanks Bill.
> So what you are saying is don't make any configuration changes as far as
> file locations and put everything in the doc root?

Isn't /var/www what the Apache server uses as its default DocumentRoot?

I would certainly not recommend that path or any of its subdirectories
as an RT installation root - if only to make absolutely sure that you
don't expose your configuration that way when somebody manages to access
the default VHost.

Instead, I'd move the installation to /opt - i.e. use --prefix=/opt/rt4
or somesuch when running configure.

Then make a separate Apache vHost with

   DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"

That way, accesses to the default vHost of Apache will go to the default
pages in /var/www, and the accesses for the web elements of RT will go
into a subdirectory of your RT installation.

HTH,
Thomas
--
Just my $0.02