[rt-users] Gmail website replies to tickets, Outlook creates new ones

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue Nov 1 12:50:12 EDT 2016

Hey list,
I've been messing with Email_Local.pm for the last day, but I can't get it
to work correctly. I need to make the regex used to detect ticket replies
not require a space before the pound sign. I'm starting to suspect that
Outlook isn't removing that space, but rather replacing it with some
Unicode character no one can see, because I can't get this to work. I first
tried
/\[$test_name\s*\#(\d*)\s*\]/i
but that didn't work. So I replaced the first \s* with .* (period asterisk)
to tell it to match zero or more characters, no matter what they are. That,
too, fails to work. What I change here seems to have no effect. Am I
missing a file, other than RT/Interface/Email.pm? Is there some other
setting or bit of code where this regex is defined and use, or is this file
the only one? Thanks.

ahall at autodist.com