[rt-users] Looking for users of RT 4.4 that use the Asset feature

john boris jborissr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:51:05 EST 2016

Good Day,
My department is looking to replace our current Ticket/asset management
system. I have been using RT on a small basis to handle my own Support
requests and used the Asset Management add on (pre 4.4). Our current system
used to have an agent that would populate the data set for us but lacked
some of the info we needed. We were at the mercy of the company to add
features.

I am hoping we can roll our own Powershell script to gather the info we
need and with some other tweaks we can roll our own.My question to the list
is if anyone is using RT 4.4 with the Asset Management feature and would
like to share their experience with it. I am putting together the proposal
to use RT for this replacement. As a ticket system I think it is an easy
sell but the Asset portion is my tough sell.

Anyone who wants to reply can reply off list unless it you feel it is
relevant to stay on the list. I will post what happens when completed
(albeit that might not be for a month or so).

TIA

--
John J. Boris, Sr.