[rt-users] Looking for users of RT 4.4 that use the Asset feature

Chris Manly cam2 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 29 15:14:08 EST 2016

I’ve been starting to work with Assets.  It’s not as rich or fully-baked as the ticketing side of things, but it gets the job done for me.  You’ll definitely want 4.4.1, because there’s a bug in 4.4.0 where you can’t search for assets associated with a person and actually find them.

I’ve done .csv loads of assets.  If you’ve got a custom field that has a unique key (like an asset tag #) it works well to avoid creating duplicates.  If you lack that… well, let’s just say I had a lot of cleanup to do.

--
Christopher Manly
Coordinator, Library Systems