[rt-users] Close tickets with email

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Sat Oct 1 18:01:58 EDT 2016

On Sep 30, 2016, at 9:13 AM, Martin Petersson <martin at uanet.se<mailto:martin at uanet.se>> wrote:

Hello all

I've heard that I can close a ticket by sending an email, how do I do that?

It it's just closing tickets you want you could create a scrip on the queue for globally that looks for a condition and carries out the action to close a ticket.

Alternatively if you want to allow more commands (be careful if users use the queue(s)) you could use something like RT::Extension::CommandByMail.  I've used it in the past and it's quite good once people get used to using it.  You can limit it's use to certain groups and change the Queue, Owner, Status, Custom Fields, etc with it by replying to tickets with certain content at the top of the reply.

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management