[rt-users] Difficulty of turning one-time CC into full CC?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Oct 25 15:03:49 EDT 2016

Hi Alex,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:

> I know, in theory, how to make such a change now. What I'm wondering is how
> hard it might be. If anyone has ever done this before, can you give an idea
> of what is involved? The UI is one part, but what behind-the-scenes changes
> might I have to make? Is it as simple as changing an argument, or much
> worse? Am I changing the plate on an electrical outlet, or tearing down half
> the wall to change all the wiring?

You could leverage a callback. Ticket/Update.html has a callback named
BeforeDisplay. I don't know if that callback fires before the
transactions are created or not - that would be the question.

If it does fire before the transactions, then you could look at the
submitted ticket/txn data manipulate the ARGSRef to remove the
one-time ccs and add them in as ccs (if they aren't already ccs.)

I'm not sure the best way to go forward if the BeforeDisplay fires
after the txns are created.

-m