[rt-users] Randomizing / Masking Ticket Numbers / or Intelligently concatenating multiple numbers as ticket number.

Reza reza.toronto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:51:56 EDT 2016

Thank you for your detailed response Jeff.

Thinking out of the box, a Random Number is not necessary if we can mask
it from email responses.   In my specific case, I do not want non-staff
to access RT.  Only support agents.

Is some sort of ID number absolutely necessary in the subject field and
can this be removed?  I guess a more technical question is how RT tracks
the email thread?   Is it through the headers, or a basic primitive
Subject field comparison ?

Then again... I'm thinking...  a ticket number is so much easier if its
relayed to support agents by caller if they decide to simply call for
support.

Thoughts, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Best,
Reza.