[rt-users] Overriding files in lib/RT?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Oct 31 16:17:11 EDT 2016

Hi all,
Thanks for the responses, it's partially working. When I use my
Email_Local.pm, the server refuses to start, yet I have no errors. Running
it through Perl's checker reveals only:

Name "RT::Logger" used only once: possible typo at Email_Local.pm at line 31

Perl says everything else is fine. I pulled the single function I wanted to
modify out of the original Email.pm (ParseTicketId) and left it alone,
except for changing \s+ to \s* in the "if (my $@captures" line. As usual,
any errors that might be generated are going who knows where, so I'm not
sure where to start looking. As I said, Perl thinks this is fine save that
warning, but RT definitely doesn't. Any thoughts? Here's the file:

use strict;
use warnings;
no warnings qw(redefine);

package RT::Interface::Email;

#Takes a string and searches for [subjecttag #id]

#Returns the id if a match is found.  Otherwise returns undef.

sub ParseTicketId {
    my $Subject = shift;

    my $rtname = RT->Config->Get('rtname');
    my $test_name = RT->Config->Get('EmailSubjectTagRegex') ||
qr/\Q$rtname\E/i;

    # We use @captures and pull out the last capture value to guard against
    # someone using (...) instead of (?:...) in $EmailSubjectTagRegex.
    my $id;
    if ( my @captures = $Subject =~ /\[$test_name\s*\#(\d+)\s*\]/i ) {
        $id = $captures[-1];
    } else {
        foreach my $tag ( RT->System->SubjectTag ) {
            next unless my @captures = $Subject =~
/\[\Q$tag\E\s+\#(\d+)\s*\]/i;
            $id = $captures[-1];
            last;
        }
    }
    return undef unless $id;

    $RT::Logger->debug("Found a ticket ID. It's $id");
    return $id;
}

--
Alex Hall