[rt-users] import tickets from csv file

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Fri Sep 9 14:37:30 EDT 2016

What kind of columns does the CSV have?  May it's possible to simply convert each record in the CSV to an email and use rt-mailgate?

On Sep 9, 2016, at 10:28 AM, Dunbar, Brian <Brian.Dunbar at von.ca<mailto:Brian.Dunbar at von.ca>> wrote:

Hello All,

I have a new 4.4 install of RT and I would like to import tickets from another ticket system (Spiceworks). I can get the ticket info in a csv file to import but I have not found a script that works to populate RT with the info. I found a script by Alister West (https://alisterwest.com/code/perl-rt-import-tickets) but it did not work and it was made for RT4.0 I do not know perl enough to write my own script. So hopefully there is something out there that works and can be shared.

Regards
Brian

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day! https://bestpractical.com/training
* Boston - October 24-26
* Los Angeles - Q1 2017

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management