[rt-users] Receiving two emails per ticket update, and original messages in ticket?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Sat Sep 10 08:41:19 EDT 2016

Hi list,
Now that emails are sorted (save that one queue I emailed the list about yesterday) we're starting to test RT for real. There are two problems I noticed straight away.

First, I'm getting two replies for each email reply. That is, if I open a ticket in IT and three people get it, each time one of them responds via email, I get two emails with the same content and from the same sender. The only difference is that one is just the reply, while the other includes the ticket URL at the top. Is there an right I can revoke to stop this happening twice? I have a feeling that it's going to happen to all queue admins, but I can't confirm that yet.

The other problem is in the web UI. If I look at the replies, I see the reply sent in via email, but then I see the entire original message below it. Needless to say, this clutters up the ticket. How can I stop this from happening? OSTicket uses a specific line of text below which emails are cut off, something like "--reply above this line--". Is there a similar mechanism in RT?