[rt-users] Changing Text on RT Login Page

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Sep 13 10:02:33 EDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Tim Gustafson <tjg at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We just moved a bunch of users to an RT instance that uses LDAP
> authentication, as opposed to RT-specific passwords.  Some of our
> users don't read our announcement e-mails (imagine that...) and are
> trying to log in using their old RT-specific password, which is
> causing them to send e-mails asking why they can't log in.
>
> What's the "official" way to modify the login page's HTML to include
> some information about using their LDAP password?

Callbacks.

There are a couple of ways, callbacks and local overrides. Callbacks
are more flexible and allow upgrades to continue to occur without
impediment.

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/writing_extensions.html

In share/html/Elements/Login there are a few callbacks:

$ grep -i callback share/html/Elements/Login
% $m->callback( %ARGS, CallbackName => 'Header' );
% $m->callback( %ARGS, CallbackName => 'BeforeForm' );
%# Give callbacks a chance to add more control elements
% $m->callback( %ARGS );
% $m->callback( %ARGS, CallbackName => 'AfterForm' );

-m