[rt-users] Add work time from API

Shawn M Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 15 13:43:43 EDT 2016

Hi Steve,

> On Sep 15, 2016, at 12:36, steve at sbsroc.com wrote:
> Hi!
>    I have separate time keeping software that I developed and allows me to enter time on my phone and sync directly to my database, report on it and export to accounting to generate invoices. The only missing link is with RT's tickets.
>
>    When I export and bill time at the end of the week, I'd also like to export my comments to the RT ticket that's related to the time record. I figured out how to create the comment record, but since I'm doing this days after the event occurred, the ever is for the date that I export. I'd like to back date my entries into RT to be the same date and time as my time record. Is there a way to do this with the API, or should I just insert into postgresql directly? Anyone else doing anything similar, or have a better idea?

Have you seen our relatively new RT::Extension::TimeTracking extension? https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Extension::TimeTracking <https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Extension::TimeTracking>

Among other things, this extension lets you backdate time worked (which is guarded using permissions on the "Worked Date" custom field that the extension provides).

> Thanks!
> Steve

Thanks,
Shawn