[rt-users] Fine-tuning user rights for queue access

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Sep 28 10:45:19 EDT 2016

Hi all,
I'm getting more comfortable with global versus group rights, and system
groups versus created groups. However, there's an odd thing happening with
some of the users we're adding to RT that I can't track down.

Some users, ones I created weeks ago during alpha testing, can only view
the queue to which their group is assigned. The problem there is that they
should be able to open tickets in other queues, though not view tickets in
other queues.

The other thing is that new users have access to *all* queues, despite
their group being set up in what I believe to be the same way. I want them,
too, to be able to open a ticket anywhere but view tickets only for their
queue.

I've revoked the global right to "view queue" for everyone, privileged, and
unprivileged. I've granted that same right for the groups. I've also
checked, and the users in question are in the right groups and no more.

Again: my goal is to let all users, except admins, open a ticket in any
queue but only view/manage tickets in their own queue. Thanks.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com