[rt-users] RT 4.4: Configuring escalations with various rt-crontool options, but none are working

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Mon Feb 20 09:13:04 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 09:32:33AM +0100, Daniel Rauer wrote:
> Nobody with an idea on how we can make any progress with escalations?
> Any input would be helpful, like working config snippets, rt-crontool
> calls that works for someone, ...
>
> Bye, Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We are still working on our upgrade to 4.4.x, but we had very poor luck
with using escalations in our current version. The priorities did increase,
but without any additional resources being allocated, the result was every
ticket eventually being at the maximum priority. That means the priority
then was useless as a differentiator. The take-away, is that you should
only consider automatic priority escalation, if and only if additional resources
WILL be allocated.

Regards,
Ken