[rt-users] Wiki conventions?

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Mon Jan 9 02:12:20 EST 2017

Alex,

The RT-Wiki was ported from Wikia to Mediawiki last year. There are still
quite a number of rough edges, particularly regarding the formatting of
code blocks.

My general feeling with a wiki is that the history is there; if you somehow
make it worse, it can always be reverted, and I've never seen anyone
complain about corrections to grammar, spelling and clarity.

I just added https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/LowHangingFruit, which
gives a sed script which can be used to clean up some pretty ugly code
blocks using <nowiki> tags, which seem to give mediawiki's code formatting
bad indigestion. Copy the wiki text into a file, run the sed script, copy
the text back, and view the results. If they look good, save it.

--Barton