[rt-users] MySQL backups of RT 4.4.1 truncated

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Wed Jan 25 07:28:10 EST 2017

Update on my MySQL backup issue: no change. I've now moved the Windows TEMP folders to the larger drive to see if the issue was running out of temp space and it has not helped. I will keep the group updated to any developments, but will refrain if its not anything noteworthy.  I'm going to try contacting the MySQL forums as this looks to be more suited to them. I'm also going to see if I can spin up a Linux MySQL DB server and "move" the tables into it via SFTP/copy, then attempt a backup there. I'm good with MySQL but it's not my bread & butter. Any additional help from the group will be welcomed.

To date, I've tried:
-Splitting the attachments table into its own backup job: failed.
-Moved MySQL temp folder/location to larger drive: failed.
-Moved Windows 2012 system TEMP folders to larger drive: failed.
-Ran MySQL diagnostics on the RT database affected: all tests pass

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300