[rt-users] Hiding menu options for particular user groups

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Jan 25 13:22:52 EST 2017

I don't have a specific example, but you can hide the Logout option with an
overlay.

cp [RT path]/share/html/Elements/Tabs [RT path]/local/html/Elements

Now open the copy you just made, find the Logout option, and wrap it in a
conditional, or add to the conditions already present. You can check the
group membership of the current user, for instance. Once done, don't forget
to clear your Mason cache and restart RT:

find [RT path]/var/mason_data/obj -mindepth 1 -delete
/etc/init.d/[RT script name] restart

If you need more detailed instructions, let the list know.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com