[rt-users] Hiding menu options for particular user groups

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Jan 25 16:19:31 EST 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Matthew Coons <coonsm at umich.edu> wrote:
> Is there anything besides restarting apache and clearing the Mason cache
> that I need to do for my changes to take effect?

Perhaps. What did you exactly do besides those two steps? Feel free to
copy and paste what commandline commands you ran.

> I found the callbacks that reference the "logout" button in the "Tabs" file
> and I commented them out.

Ideally you should be using the callback, not commenting it out.

> I restarted apache and cleared the mason cache, but I still see the logout
> option present. Even if I start a new session from a private webpage.
>
> Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Customizing RT can have a bit of a learning curve, but once you
understand the details, it is rather flexible and powerful.

All that being said, if this is your first customization, it might
take a few iterations before things start clicking.

-m