[Rtir] Observations from new RT+RTIR+RTFM

Ulrich Kiermayr ulrich.kiermayr at univie.ac.at
Thu Sep 11 11:23:50 EDT 2003

Hello List,

this is sort of a bulk-Dump of all the things I observed:
First the System:
FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE
Mysql 4.1
Apache 1 + modperl 1 + modssl

RT 3.0.5
RTFM2 RC2
RTIR 1.0.0

I observed the following:

.) there seems to be a bug in RTIR's installation:
    the permissions of rt3/local/html/Callbacks/
    were set wrong ( so RTIR was not showing up in the Menu-Bar)

.) Every Time I hit a submit-Button [Add More Fields, Search, ...] i get
    my Signature appended to the Mail again.

.) adding an RTFM article always produces an additional

#:
---

.) Having RTFM articles with no names results in them beeing inserted
    every time I try to insert another article.

.) It would be helpful in RTIR to see closed Investigations/Incident
    reports as well [esp. if the Incident is closed]

.) The how to change the Costituency(s) is very well hidden ;-)

.) in RTIR if I select a Refresh and hit Go, the field contents revert
    to the contens of what I selected in Main RTs HomePage (!).

Some Other things:

I wrote another Tool for RTIR (cut&Paste from Traceroute in reality):
Nmap an IP (Nmap.html attached, in the Lookup.html it is basically cut
and paste the traceroute part). and of corse have /usr/local/bin/nmap
avaliable.

So this was about it ;-)

congrats for what you produced here, * from bestpractical ;-)

lG uk
Ulrich Kiermayr         Zentraler Informatikdienst der Universitaet Wien
Network Security              Universitaetsstrasse 7, 1010 Wien, Austria
eMail:   ulrich.kiermayr at univie.ac.at          Tel: (+43 1) 4277 / 14104
Hotline: security.zid at univie.ac.at             Fax: (+43 1) 4277 /  9140
Web:     http://www.univie.ac.at/zid/security.html