[Rtir] Resolve comments screen keeps coming back

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Jul 14 03:25:28 EDT 2007

Carlos,

Carlos Fuentes Bermejo wrote:
> Hiya Tony,

>>> I can
>>> page.
>>>
>>> Ours does similar.  We click "resolve" and the incident is resolved, but
>>> any comments we add in the resolve page "message" box are not
>>> recorded as
>>> part of the incident.
>>>
>>> Like you, we get back to a page inviting us to add yet more comments -
>>> this time with a "reply" button instead of a "resolve" button.  Any
>>> comments added here are also not recorded.  Strange!
>>>
>>> However, this is easily worked-around by adding comments by hand before
>>> attempting the resolve process.
>>
>> Interesting. I've never checked that the comments are actually recorded
>> or not as we don't really make much use of them. We often leave the
>> comments blank as everything has usually been said through the various
>> conversations for the incident.
>
> What to say??? Ummm this is the normal behavior :-((( I know it's a bit
> tricky, I'll have a look into the problem next week, I was giving some
> kind of training about new CSIRTs, and I hadn't time, I think it's not
> too difficult to modify this.

OK, if this is intended behaviour then that's good to know and we can
live with it. I must admit, I'm not sure which page to go back to after
entering comments on a resolved or abandoned incident. I guess the RTIR
home page is one choice but it could also be the list of incidents!

I presume this is the behaviour in later versions too? Is it possible to
put a feature request in somewhere?

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold