[Rtir] Use/disablement of constituency CF

Darren Spruell phatbuckett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:32:09 EST 2010

I have a use case with RTIR that doesn't require any element of use of
the Constituency featureset. Is this CF ok to completely disable if
not needed?

Reading RTIR Administrative Tutorial it states:

"""
Additional quite heavy automation is tied to this field. This is
described in Constituencies doc. Don’t rename this field if you want
to use this functionality. If you don’t need this feature then name
custom field differently.
"""

Is it typical that unneeded functionality would be renamed vs.
disabled? I'm looking to clean up the ticket view a bit, which
renaming wouldn't accomplish. Does disabling this CF impact the
integrity/operation of RT(IR)? How should I proceed?

RT 3.8.8
RT::IR 2.6.0
Perl 5.8.8

Thx!