[Rtir] RTIR 2.6.1 release candidate 1

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sun Aug 21 12:33:28 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Darren Spruell <phatbuckett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce that RTIR 2.6.1rc1 is now available for testing.
>> NOTE that this release is still incompatible with RT 4.x and should be
>> used with RT 3.8.x only.
>
> Any estimates on when a 4.x compatible release may surface?

We're working on that:
https://github.com/bestpractical/rtir/tree/2.9-trunk

You can watch TODO file that kept up to date. It's not final list as I
step on some things all the time during cage cleaning.

There are a lot of things we would like to bring up to speed with RT.
During development of RT 3.8 and 4.0 series, a lot of new nice
features were added. RTIR has tickets' view duplicated, so all these
new features should be ported over.

We've almost ported RTIR over Lifecycles and it's major cleanup of
RTIR code and database. Brings a lot of flexibility in usage and code
is much simpler. No more State custom field. There are a few hardcoded
statuses in the code left, but I'm working on cleaning all that.

I believe we can release a first RC in a month, but can not promise that.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.