[Rtir] CF default value set via email input

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 23 14:55:48 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 04:21:18PM -0700, Darren Spruell wrote:
> We first thought to populate %RTIR_CustomFieldsDefaults with the
> default value the field should have so that if not populated (as it
> would be via email receipt) it would inherit the default.
>

> Set(
>     %RTIR_CustomFieldsDefaults,
>
>     'How Reported'       => 'CIRT Email',
> );

As you've discovered, those are mostly used just to set the default in
the Web UI when you click New Ticket In or one of the other create
items.

> We're finding that this seemingly isn't applied when the email arrives
> via rt-mailgate and therefore the REST API. It is reflected when
> viewing a new IR that is created via the standard web user UI, but not
> applied when the IR arrives via email.
>
> What sensible approaches are there for applying this default when new
> IRs arrive via the email interface? I'm supposing a scrip/action might
> be one option.

I'd do an On Create scrip with a User Defined action that checks
FirstCustomFieldValue to see if How Reported is set and sets it if it
doesn't already have a value.

-kevin