[Rtir] Quick search on the RT at a glance

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 17 16:38:40 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 04:35:53PM +0000, Colin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Kevin Falcone
> > I'm a bit confused by your multiple use of Quick Search in your
> > problem description.  Can you be more specific about what is failing?
> > A screenshot may help.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
> Here's a screenshot[1] (personal identifiable information has been
> stripped) . You can see an open ticket on the left and on the quick
> search there's nothing even if all queues are enabled in it.

Ah, I see.

RTIR excludes its Queues from the Quick Search (always has).
It intends for you to use the RTIR link on the left as your home page
and endeavors to keep that separate from your default homepage where
you might be working different RT queues.

You could certainly remove the callback in question if you need them
on your homepage rather than your RTIR homepage.

I've occasionally tweaked RT to redirect / to /RTIR/index.html for
DutyTeam users, but that does prevent you from using the standard
homepage for other Queues.

-kevin